This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Summer is just around the corner which means that nice weather is soon to follow! Spending the day outside with your loved one is a great way to take advantage of the summertime, so why not channel your adventurous side and spend a date outdoors? Here are some fun ideas!

1) Ice Cream Date

The hot summer weather doesn’t have to stop you from hanging out with Bae, so go out for some ice cream to cool off! If you want to go all out, select a waffle cone, a yummy flavour of ice cream and top it with sprinkles. If you are not big on ice cream, a refreshing alternative is a fruit drink shaken over ice- ahh.

2) Walk By the River

There is something about the sunshine and fresh air that makes a walk by the river during the summer pleasant. At night, you can see the city light up and watch the dancing fountain.

3) Rollerblading

Another date idea is rollerblading! Rollerblading is a way to get active while having some fun. If you’re new to rollerblading, be sure to wear elbow and knee pads just to be safe- and don’t forget to help each other up. If you are opposed to rollerblading, you could go on an adventurous bike ride through the Ganatchio trails. So put on some rollerblades or hop on a bike and get ready to roll!

4) Picnic

A picnic is a more romantic date idea. You get to share glances, giggles, and snacks. Part of the fun is in the preparation part too, so pack your favourite snacks, drinks, sandwiches, or appetizers and you’re ready to go! Don’t forget to grab a comfy blanket to sit on.

5) Local Events

Search up some of the local events that are going on in your town and check out where the fun is at! During certain summer months there are quite a few fun events to attend. Typically, in Windsor you can go see the Detroit Fireworks, attend the concert at Cornfest, play games at the carnival during Summer Fest, check out the Strawberry Fest, and learn about different cultures while eating great food at the Carrousel of the Nations.

So what are you waiting for? Grab Bae and go on a date! Happy Summer!

Melissa is a Social Work and Psychology student at the University of Windsor and just recently joined Her Campus! She describes herself as an empath, future thinker, and coffee connoisseur. Melissa enjoys staying up-to-date on the latest beauty trends, writing for Her Campus, hanging out with family and friends, and spending time with her Maltese Shih Tzu puppy. Contact: ristovsm@uwindsor.ca