12 Profound Quotes from Albus Dumbledore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

In the magical world of Harry Potter, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is one of the most beloved characters of them all. He is witty, insightful, wise, and inspirational. Throughout the series, Dumbledore was a guide for Harry, a protector against evil, and man full of hope and love. Although he was just a fictional character, his words of wisdom are absolute magic and transcend the pages of a book and into our hearts. It is absolutely impossible not to admire Dumbledore’s mind and let his words nourish your soul. This tall, thin man with piercing blue eyes, an aged face, a long white beard, and half-moon glasses on a crooked nose is one of the most profound characters in literature. Not only is he extraordinary in the Wizarding world with his spin on magic, power and leadership, but even in the Muggle world he is able to inspire us to make our own magic with love, hope and friendship.

1. “While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one.” — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  2. “We must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy.” — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  3. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  4. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” — Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  5. “People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” — Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  6. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  7. “The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution.” — Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
  8. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” — Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
  9. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” — Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  10. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  11. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” — Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  12. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” — Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

*Disclaimer: Featured image is not mine. Retrieved here.

Gursimran is a fourth year student at the University of Windsor pursing a BSc in Biological Sciences and a minor in Psychology. Gursimran spends much of her free time volunteering in her community, spending time with family and friends, travelling and writing for her personal blog. She aspires to be a lawyer and eventually dive into the world of Canadian politics. Gursimran is passionate about human rights and bringing positive change to the world. She is an active citizen and aims to inspire and empower the youth to get engaged in global issues and be young drivers of change. Follow Gursimran on Instagram and make sure to check out her blog, Sincerely Simran!