10 Reasons Why Everyone Loves Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Who doesn’t love Spring? The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping, and the rain is falling- what a glorious time. Besides the rain , Spring is one of the best seasons, coming in a close second after Fall. Here are 10 reasons why everyone loves Spring:

1.The Warm Weather

After a cold, snowy, dreary winter, it’s pretty safe to say that everyone looks forward to Spring time. You can put away your coats and scarves and pull out your spring wardrobe. It’s the perfect temperature because it’s not sweltering hot and not blistering cold. No one should ever be complaining about Spring weather.

2. Spring Cleaning

While this may sound  negative, spring cleaning is actually a really good opportunity for a fresh start. It gives you a chance to get rid of all your unwanted clothes, makeup, beauty supplies, and any other items you don’t have use for anymore, which can  be a really great feeling.

3. Spring Clothes

The fashion styles are a major plus to each season change. Everyone’s excited to see what the trends will be this year. Even if you can’t afford a bunch of new spring clothes, it’s exciting to bring out the clothes you haven’t seen in almost a year. Skirts and sundresses are a huge hit in the Spring because everyone missed being able to wear them all winter.

4. Baseball Season is Upon Us

For all of those Baseball fans out there, the start of Spring also signifies the start to a new season. Get ready for all the opening day parties and keeping track of your team’s records until they let you down in the playoffs- well, only if you’re a Blue Jays fan.

5. It’s Running Season

If you’re a person who enjoys getting out and running every day, then Spring is probably a very exciting time for you. No more going to gym. The weather is so perfect, even the people who don’t run daily may start, got to keep up with those new year’s resolutions you forgot about.

6. Ice Cream Stores Open

Who doesn’t love milkshakes, sundaes and banana splits? Spring is when all of the seasonal and local ice cream stores open their doors. If you’re not excited for Spring for any of the other reasons, then at least be excited for ice cream!

7. Easter!

Easter is also just around the corner. This means painted eggs, bunny ears and lots and lots of chocolate. It’s also a time to hopefully see your family and spend a four day weekend relaxing and stuffing your face with sweets.

8. Concert Season

Spring and summer is when the majority of the concerts throughout the year take place and when the outdoor venues open. Going to music festivals and concerts are always an amazing part of spring and summer to look forward to.

9. You Can Start Planning Your Summer

It’s not too far away to start planning all of your summer vacations and road trips and budgeting for all of those plans. Spring is the perfect time to get in those extra hours at work and start booking hotels, campsites, etc. for all of your summer plans.

10. University is Almost Done

A major plus of spring is that the end of April signifies the end of Winter semester. Unless you’re taking intersession this means that you are free for four months. Well, free unless you have a full time job all summer, but it gives you the time to put in a lot of hours!

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.