jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Fall Fashion Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

1. Scarves

Is it even Fall, if you’re not wearing a scarf? Knit scarves a must for Fall. They compliment your outfit, keep you warm and are super cute. You can find scarves almost everywhere and there are so many ways to wear them, so anyone can pull them off.

2. Hats

Beanies are by far the cutest and most needed fall fashion accessory. You can get beanies in any colour so that they match anything you wear that day. If you don’t feel like you can pull off a beanie other cute fall hats consist of knit berets, knit tuques with cute pom-pom hats or even just your favourite ball cap.

3. Ankle and combat boots

Everyone wears boots in the fall, they are practically a necessity. Whether they are ankle boots, combat boots, or knee high boots, they are a must with any outfit. You can literally wear boots with anything such as: skirts, jeans, leggings, dresses. They match with everything.

4. Leggings

Fall is the perfect time to sport your new leggings. Black leggings are a staple; However colour leggings are perfect too to spice up your outfit for the day.  They also go with any kind of boots.

5. Knee high or over the knee high socks

Tall socks in white, black, or even a funky colour can add a lot of element and definitely screams “Fall”. Socks that just peek out of combat boots are super cute and pull your fall outfit together.

6. Chunky necklaces

For a classier look and to make it look as if you tried harder than you did, chunky necklaces are a must. They go with dresses or knit sweaters, or anything you want to accessorize your outfit.

7. Knit sweaters

This goes without saying, but knit sweaters are your basic staple fall item. Black, dark green and maroon are the best fall colours lately. They are warm, comfy, and fashionable, what could be better?

8. Your favourite hoodie

Now, hoodies are great for any time of the year when you’re just in the mood to be cozy, but in Fall they can be super cute and comfy to wear and Fall is amazing sweater weather.

9. Jeans

Now who doesn’t love jeans? Fall is the best time to rock your favourite jeans with your knit sweaters, combat boots and knit hat. Fall weather is all over the place, one day hot and one day cold, but the perfect thing about jeans are they are socially acceptable in any weather.

10. Cute skirts or dresses

Some people may say that skirts and dresses are for spring and summer but there’s so many fall coloured skirts and dresses that are super cute as long as it’s not too cold. If the weather isn’t suitable you can always keep warmer with cute tights or your knee highs!

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and I am a third year student studying Sociology. My hobbies include reading, writing, horseback riding, and eating sushi with friends.
Bryanna Millben

Laurier Brantford '20

Hi! I'm a fourth-year at Wilfrid Laurier University working towards a BA in English with a minor in History, and the Campus Correspondent/President for HC Laurier Brantford. I have a super sweet golden retriever named Marley, and aspire to work in Public Relations.