This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

“Living life to the fullest” is a motto I started taking serious my freshman year of college and now my senior year as I started my last semester of college in January. It seems like just a few days ago I left home and moved to college. I will never forget crying while packing my bags and saying bye to my best friends, my dog and family. I remember the exact moment my parents said goodbye to me after unpacking me and leaving me in my dorm room alone. I kept my motto in the back of my head as I knew I wanted to venture out and do something out of my comfort. Leaving home was hard; I cried… A lot…

Photo by Asdrubal luna on Unsplash

Now I will have to admit that day was a bit dramatic, but I didn’t think I was going to be able to do anything on my own…. I had a random roommate I barely knew. I didn’t know anyone else going to the same school as me. I had no idea where to go on campus to meet people. I was scared! My motto got me through the beginning of freshman year and really… never left.

Photo by Willian Justen de Vasconcellos on Unsplash

Today, I am thankful I made it through the first scary weeks of college. I am thankful for all of the amazing professors that have taught me more than I imagined….Even in a boring lector halls. I am thankful for all of the friends I have made throughout the past years… The ones that have been by my side through my ups and downs. I am thankful I stayed at the same school for all four years and stuck to following my dreams. The list goes on and on…

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

There is so much to be thankful for. With all of this being said, looking back at my time in college; I think I have fulfilled my moto; “living life to the fullest”. I think every freshman, sophomore, junior anyone in college should have a motto to look up to. Having a motto in school or even life is what is going to make you feel as if you achieved something.

So now it’s time for you to figure out your motto. Think about what you want to live by or what you want to achieve at while you’re young and looking to live your life by.

I am a junior at The University of West Georgia. I am studying Mass Communications broadcasting and journalism as well as minoring in Marketing.