This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Sometimes college students can have such a busy lifestyle. You may have four to five classes, a part-time job and an internship to deal with. On top of it all, you have to spend hours doing your homework outside of class and still have to find the time to have a social life. Busy schedules like this can make it seem like you never have time to just focus on yourself and relax.

Here are a few ways that you can take time for yourself.

1. Go on a walk.

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

Walking can be a great way to clear your mind. Don’t stay cooped up inside all day. Grab a buddy and get out on your favorite walking trail and enjoy what nature has to offer.

2. Go shopping.

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Give yourself a little retail therapy. Go to the mall or to one of your favorite stores and splurge a little bit. It’s okay to treat yourself every now and then, even if it’s from the clearance rack!

3. Read for fun.

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Put down the textbooks and pick up something that you actually want to read. Whether it be a novel or a couple of articles from your favorite magazine, make sure it is something that interests you.

4. Take a nap.

Photo by Bruce Mars on Unsplash

Sometimes you may need to just take a break from what you are doing and go to sleep in order to get recharged. You may be stressing yourself out trying to get your project done. You may have had a busy day and didn’t get much sleep the night before. It’s okay to put off an assignment (if you have the time) in order to get a quick nap. Just make sure you set an alarm so you can wake up and get back to work! Don’t wait until the day of to get started on your assignments!

Danielle is a senior at the University of West Georgia pursuing a degree in Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Spanish. She loves adventures, music, beauty and shopping.