This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Winter is the season where the weather starts to drop and cold air starts to present itself. It’s very important to make sure we take care of ourselves during the winter. Here are several tips that I abide by to stay warm all winter long.

1. Stock up on lotion, moisturizers and chapstick.

Photo by Amy Peryam on Unsplash

This is definitely necessary and important to keep your skin in tip-toe shape! Stores like Bath and Body Works always have fantastic sales on lotion and hand soaps, plus candles. Another great way to keep your skin hydrated is to take a bath. Baths are relaxing and warm. So take a dip before Christmas Break ends!

2. Fill your cabinets or shelves with hot foods and warm drinks.​Photo by Drew Coffman on Unsplash

I.E. Hot chocolate, tea, coffee and anything warm like soup or pasta. These are essentials to helping your body create heat and also stay healthy. It’s best not to get sick during the winter season. Also, remember to drink plenty of water as a lot of these drinks will dehydrate you.

3. Bundle up with blankets.

Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash

Cover up in blankets which will help your body radiate its own heat and keep you warm. Blankets are a good go-to so bring them to your friends’ gatherings and help each other stay warm. Remember to wash them more regularly as you use them (which is a step I forget).

4. Dress yourself in many layers.

Photo by Matthew T Rader on Unsplash

Layers are everyone’s go-to for the cold weather but make sure you cover all the socks, gloves, coat and pants bases. These are super important and, as cold as the weather gets, it helps to have layers that we can add and remove as necessary.

5. Snuggle with friends, and with bae as well.

Photo by Steve Halama on Unsplash

Friends are all for snuggling together and keeping each other warm sane if you’re snowed in with each other. Also, your bae helps too. He will gladly snuggle on the couch and watch a movie with you because, let’s face it girl, that’s why he loves being your bae.

I am a senior at the University of West Georgia studying Mass Communications concentrating on Digital Media and Telecommunications. My minor is in English literature. I hope to become a content creator once I graduate this December!