nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things That Make Me Happy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Anxiety can be difficult to deal with . Very difficult. I dealt with super bad anxiety for about a year and I’m glad to say that I’m gradually getting over it. Through different things (ie. prayer and meditation, journaling, listening to uplifting music, doing things I love, etc.), I’ve been able to reach a point where I can say anxiety isn’t nearly as prevalent as it was before. One thing. While gratitude lists are something I write out often, something else I wanna try (and encourage you to try) is making “what makes me happy” lists. So that’s exactly what I’m gonna do right now! Read on for some of the things that make me happy!

– puppies (& my dog, Max :)

– fudge brownies & cake batter ice-cream

– people who can make me laugh

– old-school YouTube videos (you know, What’s In My Bag and Morning/Night Routines? Those were my favorites!)

– new shoes

– cute (free) patterns and printables and I have a wholePinterest board dedicated to it

– that one aisle in Target (you know exactly what aisle I’m talking about)

– free shipping (amiright or?)

– music

– learning new choreography (I’m pretty new to this, but it makes me happy because I used to think I couldn’t dance, but now I’ve proved to myself that I actually can!)

I hope you enjoyed this article and I hope it inspired you to write your own list of things that make you happy. I assure you, it’ll make you happy (even writing this list made me happy).

Featured Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.