Surviving Your Last Year of College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

College has been some of the most memorable years but senioritis is no joke! Here are six ways you can survive your senior year of college.

1. We’ve been drinking at least two cups of coffee every morning for the past four years. Don’t be ashamed if you need to step up your coffee game. Take that extra shot of espresso! It’s senior year, after all. You have pretty much been studying for four years straight. In order to survive senior year, coffee must be your go-to drink!

2. Set your alarm 30 minutes before you have to get up and hit snooze every five minutes until you actually have to get up. This will make getting up a lot easier. You are old and need enough sleep to make it through your long classes, papers and study hours.

3. I highly recommend setting a nap schedule for each day. Naps are what cure you from your very long days of class. By the end of the day, you are going to need this boost of energy. You are very old and cannot handle long days of class and work without a nap. Naps are your hero at this age!

4. Relaxation is key. Take a few study breaks while in the library and studying. I am sure you are stressed out with school and finding a “big girl job” but also make sure to take deep breaths and meditate! Spend an extra five minutes in the shower or bath to reorganize your thoughts.

5. Planning to skip class? You might want to rethink that decision. Skipping class can harm you and can cause you to be in college for even longer. If you have a bad case of senioritis, I highly recommend going to class so you’re able to pass them and not have to retake that class again. That would not be too much fun your senior year.

6. Spending hours rewriting your resume and keeping your LinkedIn account up to date is completely normal. Senior year is one of the most stressful years of your life. What are you going to do after college? Make sure you are setting your LinkedIn account as soon as you can and turn on your notifications. Once you find a job, senior year will feel a lot easier in high hopes you will have success in your future job!

If you are a senior and feel like college is going by very slowly and you’re feeling stressed, you have senioritis. Senioritis is a real thing. Follow these helpful tips and it will make your life a lot easier. 

Best of luck to all the seniors!

Photo by Keith Luke on Unsplash

I am a junior at The University of West Georgia. I am studying Mass Communications broadcasting and journalism as well as minoring in Marketing.