etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Staycation 101: Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner, and while some of us have been planning your Spring Break getaway for a few months, others of us have no idea what we’re doing. But that’s okay! If you’re staying home this Spring Break, read on for what to do for your Spring Break staycation.

Photo by Bailey Mahon on Unsplash

– Go sight-seeing: in your own city? Yes! You’d be surprised at all the places you haven’t been yet that are in your own backyard. And if you’re sure you’ve been everywhere there is to go in your town, take a short trip to a city nearby. 

– Go thrifting: this is something that is not only cheap, but it’s also a lot of fun. It can take time, so make sure you put a couple hours aside, so you can find some thrift store gems!

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

– DIY: it’s time to finally utilize that DIY Pinterest board. Pick a few DIY projects and spend the day crafting away!

– Be an adult: even if it’s just for a day. Spend a day getting ahead with school work, and applying for jobs or internships. This can also be your “Dreamers Day.” What dreams or goals have you been wanting to work towards, but haven’t had the time to? Why not use a day of Spring Break to get started on those goals? You’ll thank yourself in the long run!

– Have a Spa Day: since you’re not spending a ton on a getaway, why not pamper yourself! A simple manicure or pedicure at the nail salon and a face mask/bubble bath at home is the perfect way to get some rest this Spring Break.

I hope this article gave you ideas on what to do for Spring Break if you’re not going on a getaway!

Featured Photo by Brooke Lark on Unsplash

Itunu is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is a Mass Communications major with a concentration on journalism, and a Creative Writing minor. In other words, she loves to write. She also loves Jesus, and enjoys food, Instagram, shoes and Pinterest. Itunu loves learning new things and hopes to become a fashion journalist one day. In her free time, she likes spending time with her friends and family, watching YouTube videos (or Netflix), and sleeping.