This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

This is no secret: I am a certified iced coffee girlie. I love everything about iced coffee. I love the energy that it gives me. I love the different flavors that I put in my drinks. It’s safe to say that iced coffee is one drink that I will never get tired of. However, when it comes down to choosing where I want to get my coffee from, I am always at a crossroads between Starbucks and Dunkin.

My coffee orders for both of these chains are as follows:

From Starbucks, I normally get a venti iced cold brew with caramel syrup, oatmilk, and cinnamon powder on top. From Dunkin, I get a medium iced cold brew with caramel swirl, sugar, oatmilk, and cinnamon sugar on top.

Now, Starbucks is the ultimate powerhouse of coffee. It’s the coffee chain that everyone hypes up the most and get their daily dose of caffeine from. Although Starbucks offers drinks that are expensive (to me, I think $5 for a medium sized drink is crazy), it won’t stop people from getting what they want. Personally, I feel like Starbucks is over-pricey on their drinks and the hype around it can be confusing at times.

The reason why I think this is: Whenever I go to Starbucks, I always have high hopes on how my drink is going to taste. Now, this may sound like a good thing to some, but to me it’s a bit different. I love my iced coffees with the right amount of sugar, but not too much where it’ll make me feel sick. Not to sound rude, but my drink can sometimes come out as bitter rather than sweet.

For Dunkin, I consider it my “safe haven”. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love Starbucks for what it is and what they can offer (I even got my own personalized cold cup with the Starbucks logo on it), but there’s something about Dunkin that makes me so happy whenever I order my drinks from the chain. Dunkin has cheaper prices than Starbucks, which is beneficial for both me and my bank account. Also, they serve my drinks with the right amount of sweetness every time, so I never have to worry about my coffee being bitter. Not to mention, the bacon-egg and cheese croissant from the coffee chain has stolen my heart completely (not even kidding, it’s so good).

After reviewing both of the chains, which one is the best? Based on my analysis, I gotta give it to Dunkin. I feel like Dunkin deserves more love for many reasons. Despite it’s cheap prices, I am guaranteed that my drink will be served to me in the best way possible. No shade to Starbucks, though. I still love me an iced cold brew with a chocolate croissant every now and then.

But for now, Dunkin got my best interest at heart!

Makalah Wright is the Campus Correspondent at Her Campus at UWG chapter. For the chapter, she has written personal essays about real-life experiences and she encourages readers to take inspiration or learn from it. Beyond her position as the CC, she is also a national writer for the wellness section of the website. So far, she has written articles based on mental health, relationships, and other wellness-related topics. She is a junior at the University of West Georgia, studying in public relations with a minor in music. After her undergrad, she plans to get a masters in communication and work in either music business or the sports industry. She also hopes to create her own foundation that will help with funding for the performing arts in schools. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with loved ones, shopping, traveling to new places, and drinking iced coffee. She also enjoys playing the clarinet and listening to all types of music, specifically jazz.