The Senior Meltdown (You Can Handle It!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

If you look above, that woman is an accurate depiction of me–smiling through the pain. I am not suggesting that she is smiling because she has some sort of affliction. It’s the fact that our smiles look so similar when I am having a crisis. The crisis that I am having recently is THE SENIOR MELTDOWN!

Photo by Cristina Gottardi on Unsplash

Entirely dramatic and unnecessary, but it still happens to the best of us. Being a senior is college is no joke, you’re life is in constant string of choices that you have to make. People who say that it doesn’t exist are like people saying Global Warming didn’t affect the state of Georgia this year. It exists and it sucks to have to go through it alone. Because we may have to “smile through it” or preoccupy our time with something else, so we are not constantly reminded of our existential crisis. However, I want to challenge you to not get sucked into your crisis and don’t do it alone. Because you got it, YOU can handle it!

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Whilst going through the common senior meltdown, please make sure you do not go through it alone. I promise you most of your classmates, friends, acquaintances are going dealing with same issues. They are thinking about graduation, passing classes, getting a job, acing the interview, etc. Many things are happening at once that you and your college colleagues have to think about everyday.

Photo by Willian Justen de Vasconcellos on Unsplash

Enjoy the little things throughout your day! Always having a sense of dread definitely sets you back or keeps you in the same sullen space that you were currently in. Think about something during the day that makes you the happiest and I promise you the day will feel lighter.

Photo by Vasily Koloda on Unsplash

Also, GRADUATION IS ALMOST HERE!!! Whether your in high school, college, military school, vocational school or a technical college, graduation is right around the corner. YOu almost have that sheet of paper with your government name that says “look mom, I did it”. That is surely a blessing and will be a wondrous feeling. Don’t feel too down about the meltdown because you can handle it!!

I am senior Mass Communications Major, who has a passion to change the world one woman at a time. I grew up in a diverse family that has allowed me to be very open-minded when approaching situations. I love anything chocolate without nuts. Furthermore, my fav snack are cookie dough bites. I am pretty much an open book when it comes to conversation. If you ever get a chance to talk to me I'd probably talk your ear off.