Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber rekindle broken romance? Here’s what we know so far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

As an avid Jelena fan and hopeless romantic, I couldn’t be happier to see the two fan favorites, Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber rekindling their once broken romance late October.  

After her sudden split with pop singer, The Weeknd, sources have confirmed that Gomez has been spotted with Bieber on several occasions in the past few weeks. Insiders say that the former couple reconnected after Gomez’s kidney transplant this summer. Since then, things are heating up between the friendly exes while they enjoy spending time together doing normal activities. It has even been confirmed, that Bieber has spent time at Gomez’s California home. It’s safe to say the two couldn’t’ look happier during their recent get-togethers.

Image: www.people.com

Here is the timeline: 

October 22nd: Justin Bieber was reported to have visited Selena’s home, staying late into the evening.  

October 29th: Selena and Justin were spotted grabbing brunch together at a cafe in Westlake Village. 

November 1st: The two were photographed riding bikes together in Los Angeles, and shared a romantic moment getting cozy on their walk.. 

November 2nd: Selena attends Justin’s hockey game, and left wearing his jersey. 

November 4th: Justin and Selena spent the entire day together, attending church services and a private dinner for two. 

This off and on-again relationship has been a roller coaster of emotions including countless breakups and makeups since 2010. While some say, the two are toxic for each other I’ve always believed that the public light, media and misconceptions centered around their relationship do not always portray the reality.  It’s no doubt that the two have went through their many issues and roadblocks, but no relationship is picture perfect.  I mean being a normal college girl and navigating relationships is hard enough, am I right? Regardless of the fights and feuds during their chaotic relationship, it has stayed true throughout the years that the two will always care for each other. Gomez and Bieber both admit that they are each others first love and will always have love in their hearts for one another. Selena says it best herself, the heart wants what it wants.

So, whether Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are just regeneration a friendship or moving slowly to pursue romantic feelings again, as a true fan I truthfully hope to see them figure out what’s best for each other. However, I will say I’m still routing for a Jelena wedding someday!  

I am a senior at the University of West Georgia, currently studying Mass communications/Public Relations. I am a lover of life, family, friends and doing things that bring happiness to others. I truly believe the world is full of positivity if we are open to wholeheartedly accept it. I am passionate about the inclusion of others, seeing the beauty in all people and things, and creating lasting relationships with people. Ever since I can remember, I’ve enjoyed creating things and expressing my creativity through design and artistic expression. I am an avid stationery addict, DIY junkie, and lover all things beauty, fashion and lifestyle.