This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Exam weeks are the most stressful weeks of college life, well, for me anyways. With that being said, I always try to make sure that I am well prepared for the exam as well as making sure I am keeping myself healthy and functioning properly. Here are a few things to help you prepare for your exams.

Take notes.

Some people do well on exams even when they don’t take any notes at all. I know it can be discouraging to others and make it seem like we can do it too. However, note-taking is one of the most effective ways to prepare for an exam. If you know you need notes in order to study, make sure you are taking notes.

Use the resources available to you.

If you’re a hands-on person like me, make sure you use all the resources available to you! Professors have study material for you to use in order to help you with the exam. Use YouTube if you’re still having difficulties. 

Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Sometimes the things you learn can be a little bit confusing. It’s okay to ask questions. Email your professor with any questions you have about the notes or the exam. You can also compare your notes with your classmates.

Photo by Kinga Cichewicz on Unsplash

Make sure to get enough sleep.

Sleep is the most important remedy that keeps the body functioning properly. If you go without sleep, you’ll be a wreck. Trust me, it is NEVER okay to pull an all-nighter on Exam Day.

Drink plenty of water.

While you’re studying for you exam, make sure to stay hydrated! You don’t want to go all day studying and get to your exam, only to start coughing and interrupting your exam time. Keep a bottle of water with you on the day of your exam so you can drink it.

Eat properly.

If you don’t eat breakfast, you’ll feel nauseous and your stomach will start making noises. If you eat too close to the exam time, you’ll be more focused on digesting instead of answering the questions. Make sure to eat breakfast a few hours before your exam time so your body can digest your meal and you won’t feel uneasy or nauseous during the exam.

Breathe and relax.

Don’t stress, just breathe. Try to relax. 

NEVER worry and always stay positive.

Worrying will only increase your anxiety. Don’t panic. Stay calm and stay positive. Keep telling yourself you can do it and you will do just fine.

Focus on the exam.

During the exam, make sure that you’re only thinking about the test. Use your time wisely and stay focused.

Victoria is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is an English major with a minor in Mass Communications. She loves fashion, coffee, reading, writing and all things related to motorcycles.