Getting Spring Break Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

With February coming to an end and March right around the corner, for us college gals, we all know what that means… the month of our beloved SPRING BREAK.  The anticipation of warm weather, good friends and no matter how you choose to spend it, a break from the constant stress of midterms and assignments. (Of course the best part.)

However, it feels like everyone goes full panic mode when March hits. The gym suddenly becomes the place to be.  Everyone has the mindset “you better get in the gym, and fast, because you only have a few weeks left to get your spring break bod back in order.”  And if you’re anything like me, you’ll need every one of those weeks. When it comes to getting spring break ready, there are other things to consider than the gym, so what else?  

1.Eat Clean… MOSTLY

When trying to tone up, I’ve learned the hard way it’s important to eat clean healthy meals. I’m still deciding if I find this or the working out part harder? I’m a devoted member of the late night snacker club. (who am I kidding…all day snacker) and trying to eat healthy foods, well, its tough. However, maintaining a healthy balance of foods, with a few cheat meals of course, is important for feeling and looking your best. Some of my favorite healthy meals are avocado toast on whole grain toast for breakfast, ground turkey with brown rice for lunch, and baked chicken and veggies for dinner. Some of my favorite snack options that you can feel good about pigging out on are sliced apples or bananas with cinnamon, kettle popcorn, and tuna and crackers.  Although it’s important to eat healthy, be sure to reward yourself with your favorites. 

2.Keep Workouts Fun

We all know trying to get in shape isn’t always easy for everyone, so be sure to have fun with it. I promise it makes it easier. Getting your friends involved is a great way to make workouts fun. Go on walks, do group classes, follow BFF workout videos, and get creative. Sometimes having someone to hold you accountable also gives you the extra motivation to get up and go to the gym.

3.A Whole Lot of Self Love

Besides the gym and eating healthy, we all need a whole lot of self-love. As girls, we tend to compare ourselves on every occasion, from scrolling on Instagram to that super fit girl next to us. Feeling confident with YOUR body is of course the ultimate goal. Although we all want to get toned and look our best. Be sure to love your flaws and improvements and truly be happy with what you have to work with. This way, no matter what the scale says, you’ll be spring break ready.

Senior at the University of West Georgia Public Relations Lover of Coffee, Fashion & Beauty