This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

As college students with such busy schedules, we may think that we don’t always have the time to cook dinner or make delicious treats. Cooking may seem too difficult now that you don’t have parents beside you to help. Sure, it may be easy most of the time to just grab Chick-fil-A instead of going home and being bothered with making food. Eventually, that starts getting old. Your body will also beg you to stop eating so much junk food all of the time. Instead of going out and wasting money on unhealthy food, try one of these simple recipes instead.

1. Spaghetti

Photo by Jason Leung on Unsplash

Spaghetti is a classic meal that really doesn’t take long to make. All you will need are noodles, ground beef/turkey and tomato sauce. My favorite tomato sauce to use is Ragu because they have different flavors that are already seasoned for you. If you decide to make your own flavors, you can use a plain tomato sauce and then add things like onions, peppers and garlic.

Boil the noodles. Cook the meat in a pan over the stove. While it’s cooking, you can start to add salt and pepper, season salt or whatever meat seasoning you prefer. After the meat is cooked, it’s time to add the sauce. Open up your can of sauce and pour it into the same pan over the meat. Stir it up and let it simmer for another two to three minutes. Drain the noodles and place them back into the pot or a serving dish. You can also combine the meat sauce mixture with the noodles to make for easy serving.

2. Chicken and Rice

Photo by Akemy Mory on Unsplash

This dish is one of my personal favorites. It’s simple, healthy and tasty all at the same time.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and clean and prep the chicken. (Buy the chicken that is already cut such as chicken breasts, thighs, etc. It will save you a lot of time.) Season the chicken how you like and then put it on a baking sheet into the oven for approximately 30 minutes. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, place your Boil-In-Bag rice into the pot and cook for 10 minutes. Add your vegetable of choice to give this meal balance.

Now you’re ready to dig in!

3. Tacos

Photo by Emily Simenauer on Unsplash

Whether it is Taco Tuesday or just a regular dinner night, tacos are easy to prepare and fun to eat. All you need is ground beef/turkey, taco seasoning, lettuce, cheese and salsa. Cook the meat over the stove-top with the taco seasoning. Once that’s settled, you can get out your taco shells and start putting the meat, lettuce, cheese and whatever else you decide to include. Stuff them to be as full as possible, then enjoy!

4. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Photo by Pixzolo Photography on Unsplash

Grilled cheese is a classic that everyone has had at one point or another. The steps are basically to make a cheese sandwich, then toast it on both sides so that the cheese melts in the middle. How much simpler can you get than that? Heat up a bowl of tomato soup to go along side with your sandwich to really make the meal complete.

Danielle is a senior at the University of West Georgia pursuing a degree in Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Spanish. She loves adventures, music, beauty and shopping.