This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

Atlanta is a great place for spontaneous trips with different events every month. Especially around the Christmas time, Atlanta has events for everyone. It’s filled with food, film, entertainment, art and Christmas specials. Here are some interesting ideas for your day trips to Atlanta and metro Atlanta.

1. Sandy Springs Restaurant Week (November 3 to 9) – Sandy Springs, GA

Photo by visitsandysprings.org

Restaurants that are participating in this event will offer lunch and dinner specials. It’s an opportunity to taste the wonderful treats with special deals!

2. Book Festival (November 4 to 18) – Dunwoody, GA

Photo by atlantajcc.org

Presented by the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta, join other book lovers to a meet and greet with some of your favorite authors, including book signings, community reading, discussions and many more.

3. Interactive Sleepy Hollow (November 7 to 11) – Serenbe Playhouse in Chattahoochee Hills, GA

Photo by serenbeplayhouse.com

Presented by the Serenbe Playhouse, The Sleepy Hollow Experience is a retelling of a classic American ghost story with the headless horseman and haunted grounds.

4. So You Think You Can Dance? (November 7 at 7pm)

Photo by foxtheatre.org

Join the top finalists from the TV Show “So You Think You Can Dance” as they perform hip-hop, salsa, jazz and classical tunes at the Fox Theatre.

5. Harry Potter Pub Crawl (November 9 at 7pm) – Diesel Filling Station in Atlanta, GA

Photo by bigtickets.com

The Potter Pub Crawl will be hosting a costume contest with food and drink specials for ages 21 and up.

6. Antique Machinery Show (November 9 to 10) – Cumming, GA

Join an evening of machinery action and sparks flying at the Cumming Steam, Antique Tractor, and Gas Engine Expo at the Cumming Fairgrounds.

7. All-American Musical (November 9) – Mableton, GA

Photo by mablehouse.org

Mable House Barnes Amphitheathre hosts The Theatre Project as they present Singin’ in the Rain which includes several classical numbers about actors in the early Hollywood days.

8. Indoor Art Fair (November 10 to 11) – Paideia School in Atlanta, GA

Photo by paideiaschool.org

Artists at Art Visions will be displaying painting, sculpture, fashion and gift items at the Paideia School. It is free for all!

9. International Tasting (November 13 from 7pm to 10pm) – Culinary Passport Atlanta in Atlanta, GA

One ticket to Culinary Passport Atlanta will get you samples from 10 different restaurants that serve food from all over the world. There will be live music, cooking demos and two drink tickets at the Stave Room.

10. Horror Film Festival (November 14 to 18) – 7 Stages Theatre in Atlanta, GA

Photo by buriedalivefilmfest.com

The 2018 Buried Alive Film Festival will be showing a selection of scary horror films at the 7 Stages Theatre.

11. Christmas Extravaganza (November 5 to December 24) – Aurora Theatre in Lawrenceville, GA

The Aurora Theatre presents Christmas Canteen, a variety show with singing and theatrical numbers as well as sketch comedy.

12. Magic Show (November 26 from 8pm to 10pm) – Red Light Cafe in Atlanta, GA

Photo by redlightcafe.com

Three magicians will be performing a combination of humor, mentalism and magic at Atlanta Magic Night at the Red Light Cafe.

13. Christmas at Stone Mountain (November 10 to January 6) – Stone Mountain, GA

Stone Mountain Park will be hosting their annual Christmas special with two million lights, holiday shows, a nightly parade with Santa, snow angel palace and snowfall.

14. Callaway Gardens (November 16 to January 6)

Photo by callawaygardens.com

Callaway Garden will be presenting their Fantasy in Lights event which will showcase a big holiday light and sound show. This show will consist of eight million lights, 15 scenes, Santa Claus and a Christmas village.

15. Costume Party (November 17 at 8pm) – Grant Park Mothball in Atlanta, GA

The GPNA (Grant Park Neighborhood Association) will be having DJ dance music, cash bar, appetizers and a costume contest at the Grant Park Mothball.

16. Peach State Chili Cook-off (November 17 to 18) – Town Center Park in Suwanee, GA

The town of Suwanee will be hosting a Chili Cook-off with 30 kinds of chili samples and live music as well as a kids’ area.

17. Comedy Night (November 18 at 7pm) – Red Light Cafe in Atlanta, GA

Photo by redlightcafe.com

Hosted by the Red Light Cafe, the Best of Atlanta Comedy is a comedy show with 10 of Atlanta’s top comics telling their one-of-a-kind jokes.

18. Christmas at the Mansion (November 23 to December 9)

Designers for the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center will have decorated a Tudor Revival mansion with outdoor Christmas lights.

I hope you all decide to go to one of these events. Have fun and happy holidays!

I am a freshman at the University of West Georgia. I am an outgoing person but love to cuddle up and read a book and watch Netflix. I enjoy spending time with friends and trying new things. I love animals, coffee, football, and writing. I love to watch horror movies and chick flicks. I am a musician so I love to write about music and movies. I am an open minded person and love learning about different cultures.