This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

It’s hard for college females to keep up with beauty trends and treatments wthout breaking the bank. We can’t always afford to go to the hair salon, spa or the nail salon. Of course, there will be some days when you have to look rough but that does not have to be every day. Here are some inexpensive things that you can do to look your best.

1. Cheap Face Masks

Photo by YES TO

Yes To masks can be found anywhere. They’re at Walmart, Target and even your favorite mall stores like Forever 21. They are usually sold individually for $1 to $3 and come in various types. A face mask can help clear up stubborn acne or even just give yur skin a refresh and healthy glow.

2. Press-On Nails

Photo by Sally Beauty

Acrylic sets, or even just regular gel polish on your real nails, can cost anywhere from $30 to $50 at your local nail salon. And that’s if you don’t get any designs. To make things even worse, you have to go back every 2 weeks and pay more money to maintain your nails. As you can see, this all adds up pretty quickly. So if you’re someone that likes to always have your nails done, you can, of course, try painting them yourself. If you really enjoy designs and the look of acrylics, you should definitely try press on nails. They’re cheap and will stay on for about one week if you use a good nail glue. They’re also reusable so you can’t beat that.

3. Wigs

Photo by pawel szvmanski on Unsplash

It’s nice to experiment with different hair colors and hairstyles, but it is definitely not always affordable to pay a professional to do it for you. Some people are lucky to be talented enough to do their own hair however, that is not the case with everyone. If you really want to dye your hair another color but can’t pay a stylist to do it the right way, a wig may just be the solution for you. Wigs are a fun way to try new colors without risking damage to your real hair. They are also a great way to prevent ever having a bad hair day.

Danielle is a senior at the University of West Georgia pursuing a degree in Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Spanish. She loves adventures, music, beauty and shopping.