This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

You want to chop your hair off, do you? Before you do, you should think about some things! Having short hair is great, don’t get me wrong. Before you go all Rapunzel and chop it off, here are some things you should consider:

1. Face shape is everything.

Photo by Joshua McKnight from Pexels

When you have a certain hairdo that works like magic, it’s the best feeling. How do you what is best for you? By looking at your face structure. Most people, and I say most because this is not always the case, with short hair have a heart-shaped face. As pictured above. This face structure works best for a short haircut as the hair frames your face.

2. Is it really low maintenance?

Most people think that short hair means low maintenance. This is not always the case, however. For instance, my pixie stack may only require brushing in the morning. It also means I have to wash my hair every day. The shorter the hair, the faster it gets dirty.

Photo by pixabay.com from Pexels

Another thing is that you have to get it cut pretty often. If you want your hair to maintain its shape, you have to cut it as often as possible. That means becoming friends with your hairstylist. If you don’t have the time or money to get your hair cut at least twice a month, perhaps short hair isn’t for you.

3. Is it really worth it?

I originally cut 11 inches off my hair for my pixie cut. I had it grown out for Locks of Love. If you do decide to chop all your hair off, make sure your hair is going towards a good cause. I got mine cut at Walmart where they donate to Locks of Love.

Photo by Úrsula Madariaga from Pexels

All you have to do is ask if they donate to a good cause. If they say yes, just make an appointment! They’ll take care of the rest!

Photo by Christina Morillo from Pexels

4. In the end, it doesn’t really matter.

If you want to chop your hair off, then do it! Now is the time to make reckless decisions and mistakes (while we still can)! Do it before we have to grow up and be accountable for our mistakes. So cut off your hair, face your biggest fear and/or date the wrong person. We only have one life. So, make sure you live it to the fullest!

Cover Photo from rawpixel.com on Pexels

I am freshman at uwg. I love writing.