This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

If you’re a comics fan, then you’ll know about an app called Webtoon. This app offers daily updates on comics that are FREE. Yes, free. Here are 4 reasons why you should read Webtoon.

Photo by Lena Rose on Unsplash

1. Easy Access

Through the Webtoon app, you can access thousands of webcomics, or as it is called there, webtoons. These are essentially online comics that can be accessed anytime and from anywhere. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection! Before, if you wanted to read a comic, you had to hunt down the first edition. And as any comic book lover knows, this is next to impossible. Not to mention expensive. The webtoon app is free and always available whenever you have Wi-Fi!

Photo by Katie Cook

2. All kinds of genres

Webtoon has hundreds of comics for you to choose from! However, that can seem a bit overwhelming to find a comic that fits your preferences. Pictured above is the webtoon Nothing Special by Katie Cook. A story about a girl who is half muse-half human. And her fairy boyfriend. It encompasses their many adventures together with their ever-constant friend, radish. Whether you are looking for a sappy romance, comedy, or even horror webtoon has every genre you could want!

Photo by Webtoon

3. Anime anyone?

Calling all anime fans! Webtoon has loads of anime webtoons on its app. All of which have all the aspects of anime that fans love. Pictured above is the webtoon girls of the wilds. It centers on a teenage boy who is the first and only boy in a martial arts school for girls. It details his adventures with the girls and his rise as a fighter himself. It is one of the many webtoons that bare all the trademark things that come with an anime.

Photo by Toonimated

4. Gifs anyone?

One feature that Webtoon has that it has over regular comics is that a few of its webtoon stories have Gifs in them. As we all know, Gifs are essentially looping videos. In a comic, these Gifs help to portray action scenes. It makes the action scenes literally play before you. One webtoon that uses Gifs frequently is a webtoon called Room of Swords. Its about a group of strangers from different time periods who must escape a strange world they woke up in. Equal parts comic and Gifs, this is one of the many comics that mix the two together beautifully.

If you have made it to the end of this article, you should already have the Webtoon app installing in the background. If not, what on earth are you waiting for? Free comics, free app! Happy reading!

I am freshman at uwg. I love writing.