burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

10 Winter Essentials to Have in Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWG chapter.

With the weather heading into the winter season, you’re probably feeling a bit down and feeling like it’s too cold to go anywhere. It’s hard when you just want to stay home and cover yourself up with blankets. Here are 10 winter essentials to help you looking warm and cozy (and cute) while you’re out and about!

1. Beanies

Photo by Yakynina Anastasia on Unsplash

If you’re looking for protective gear for your head during the winter, you should definitely get a beanie. Most beanies are knitted made so they’re able to warm your ears up. They’re a great way to keep the top of your head away from the cold weather while adding style to your outfit!

2. Earmuffs

Photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash

Maybe you’re the kind of person that doesn’t like to get your hair messed up from hats and beanies. If so, earmuffs are definitely your go-to item to keep your ears cozy without having to put something over your head. They’re also really cute-looking so you won’t feel uncomfortable if you’re not a hat person.

3. Scarves

Photo by Karen Cantú Q on Unsplash

Scarves are literally the best thing ever created in this world. They provide protection to your neck from the cold air and wind blowing up against your face. It’s a simple piece of clothing that you can wrap around your neck without any difficulties.

4. Down Jackets

Photo by Vitor Lopes on Unsplash

Down jackets are the perfect winter jacket because they trap the warm air created from your body heat and retain it. The longer you wear it, the more you’ll feel cozy and warm in the cold winter weather. 

5. Fuzzy Coats (Hood is Optional)

Photo by Tamara Bellis on Unsplash

If you’re not one for the down jackets, you should definitely invest in a fuzzy coat. They’re not too puffy and they’re pretty cute to style with the rest of your outfit. Fuzzy coats will keep you warm from the cold weather.

6. Gloves

Photo by Erik Odiin on Unsplash

Gloves keeps your hands from getting exposed to the cold air and sometimes from the wind. If you walk around in really cold weather without gloves, your hands will start to freeze up where you won’t be able to move your fingers so easily. Gloves trap the warmth inside and reduce the chances of frostbite by keeping your blood flowing through your hands.

7. Leggings

Photo by Stacie LaMothe on Instagram

Leggings are literally the most comfortable leg wear to own. You can wear them anywhere! They are perfect for the cold weather, keeping your legs warm and cozy. You can pair them up with any kind of style, not to mention that they are super light too!

8. Fuzzy Socks

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

Fuzzy socks keep your feet more warm than regular socks. They are softer and thicker to make sure your blood circulation isn’t cut off. Fuzzy socks also provide extra protection against your shoes and are perfect with boots. 

9. Booties

Photo by Collage Vintage

Booties are the go-to fashion shoes for the winter. You can pair them up with leggings, jeans and even skirts. They are comfortable and keep your feet extra warm during the cold weather.

10. Knee High Boots

Photo from 9to5chic

Recently, knee high boots have become a trend in the fashion world. If leggings aren’t keep your legs warm enough, pulling knee high boots over them will certainly keep the warm. If the weather isn’t that cold, you can wear them with shorts since they cover up your knees. They are the perfect footwear if you want to style your outfit with mini skirts or dresses. They can also protect your knees from a nasty fall.

Oh and don’t forget to keep warm with your cuddy buddy bae too! Stay comfy and have a wonderful Winter Break!

Victoria is a senior at the University of West Georgia. She is an English major with a minor in Mass Communications. She loves fashion, coffee, reading, writing and all things related to motorcycles.