Your Spring Semester As Described by Donald Trump Tweets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

I won’t try to speak for the nation but just within my friend group, Trump’s tweets have caused controversy, sparked uncontrollable laughter, and rendered us speechless. It doesn’t seem to matter where you fall on the political spectrum, be it “Not My President,” “Make America Great Again,” or somewhere in the middle… at one point or another, his tweets will strike you as absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe that’s why they describe the spring semester so well; it can be ridiculous, too. You may think that you don’t relate to Mr. President, but you do. Here’s your spring semester as told by Trump’s tweets:

“covfefe”

The only word you can muster after a long night of studying, when you can’t will your eyes to stay open, and you desperately need a venti hot covfefe with extra whipped cream.

“What a year it’s been, and we’re just getting started.”

When it’s literally two days into the semester and you’ve already missed three quizzes.

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart . . . I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star”

When you take the online discussion board ice breaker post a little too seriously and look like an overconfident weirdo.

“The Fake News is working overtime.”

When someone calls you out on something you’re actually guilty of. Like that time you drank too much and threw up after a night on the town.

“…People are angry.”

When the professor mentions that the group project is worth 75 percent of your grade and the groups are chosen randomly.

“Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend – and maybe someday that will happen!”

When your R.A. refuses your generous offer of a shot of vodka and writes you up instead.

“Caught RED HANDED – very disappointed…”

When you’re texting during a lecture and the professor calls you out.

“Be careful, there are many pitfalls on the long and winding road of life!”

When freshmen ask you for advice and you think, “I hope you’re not attached to your roommate, major, savings account, significant other, or current weight because it’s all temporary,” but you don’t want to break their spirit so soon.

“…earth shattering.”

When you miss any chance at free food on campus.

Thumbnail.

You'll find me in my hammock between classes, drooling over volcano sushi rolls, or cross stitching in silence. I'm a maritime studies student with a dream of working on oceanic documentaries or founding Atlantis, whichever comes first.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs