Why the Fenty Foundation is Worth All the Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Fenty Beauty has everyone raging about the new face products that recently came out on Sept. 8. But why is it so popular?

Rhianna has created 40 different shades ranging from 100 light to 490 deep cool for makeup foundation. Some people have a difficult time finding a dark enough shade for their skin and end up mixing a few different shades instead.

Vibes stated that people were so eager to find out if Fenty included a darker shade for them that the darker colors sold out almost instantly online and in stores. Videos of people reviewing this product and trying it out for the first time were amazed by the coverage. Rhianna may just be the first person to create a line that has something for everyone no matter their skin color and skin type. This line also offers a foundation that is light enough for people who have albinism. The reviews on the Sephora website as well as the Fenty Beauty website typically boast five stars.

As soon as this product came out, I was quick to buy it in support of Rhianna. I was astounded by how perfect it was. The foundation covered all my blemishes and it stayed on all day without a single shift. Rhianna made the prices affordable for beauty lovers who don’t mind inveseting in foundation. Retail price is $35 dollars for a 1.08 ounce bottle.

All other products on the Fenty line is under 35 dollars.  I paired this foundation with the Fenty Match Stix highlighter and I highly recommend it! The match stix highlighters are very pigmented and have various colors for what looks best on your skin. Ranging from an iridescent opal to a bronze color, the highlighter can be matched with any foundation shade.

The beauty line offers a variety of contour colors and allows customers to pick out a shade of contour, highlighter and concealer. This option allows you to pick the shades that will look best with your skin tone rather than a single shade made for everyone.

Hey guys! I am Nicole waldo. I am currently a sophomore at the University of West Florida. Go Argos! This is my first year in HerCampus and I am very excited to be in such a wonderful orgaization. 
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs