8 Shows That Are Totally Binge-Worthy on Netflix Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Netflix is my personal favorite relaxation technique. There’s nothing more soothing than settling down with popcorn and watching a great tv-show. The best part about Netflix? You don’t even need to be in bed to watch your favorite shows! You can watch in the tub, on a train, on the couch, in your bed, on a plane, or even the car— as long as you aren’t driving, obviously. I’ve compiled a list of eight fantastic Netflix series, so you can find your next binge-watch with ease.

1. Scandal

Created by none other than Shonda Rhimes (who we have to thank for Grey’s Anatomy), “Scandal” is full of twists and turns, cover-ups, lies and even murders among the highest power-players in Washington, D.C.

2. Stranger Things

When Will, a 12-year-old, goes missing, his mother and local authorities investigate his disappearance. Little do they know the supernatural forces and secret government experiments are up against them.

3. Black Mirror

A modern version of “The Twilight Zone,” “Black Mirror” contains enough suspenseful and haunting content to make me #shook. Enough said.

4. Sherlock

Our favorite detective with his trusty sidekick has come to life with this Netflix series.   Each episode is the length of a movie, but with Sherlock’s (Benedict Cumberbatch) humor and fascinating intellect, I can watch it all day. Plus, we eventually get to see Sherlock’s “mind palace.”

5. The Crown

This series follows Queen Elizabeth II as she ascends the throne during a new era where she will soon realize the power and privilege of leading an empire comes with a price.

6. Fuller House

D.J. is a recent widow and her sister Stephanie, best friend Kimmie and her daughter Ramona move in to help raise her three boys. This Full House just got a lot fuller. This show is perfect for a light-hearted night!

7. A Series of Unfortunate Events

Based on the book series, “A Series of Unfortunate Events” follows newly orphaned Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire. On the hunt to investigate their parents tragic murder, the children are confronted by a evil guardian named Count Olaf— who will stop at nothing to get the family’s fortune.

8. 13 Reasons Why

Also based on a book, “13 Reasons Why” tells the tragic tale of Hannah, a high schooler who took her own life. Clay has had a secret crush on Hannah and one day after her death he receives multiple cassette tapes of Hannah describing the 13 reasons to take her own life.  Each one of these reasons contains a new person who contributed to Hannah’s suicide. The question remains… why is Clay on the list?

With these shows, hopefully you can find something to binge in your free time…I know I did!