7 Stupid Things No One Will Ever Agree On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Admit it, we’ve all read articles or posts on social media about some of the most trivial things and have quietly taken a side on them. Maybe not so quietly, but I’m here to tell you some of the silliest things that have divided us.

1. Cats vs. Dogs

You’ve heard the question. “Are you a dog person?” or “Don’t turn into a crazy cat lady!” Truth be told, they are both very lovable animals and most of us don’t just love one, we love both. Sometimes, you only want a little fuzz ball to snuggle with and put a smile on your face.

2. Is the cup half empty or half full?

Or, optimist versus pessimist. It’s all in perspective and, thus, translates to how you view a cup on the table. In the end, in really doesn’t matter. The glass has water in it and someone out there is thirsty and wants to drink it. Hydration is always the way to go.

3. Toilet paper: under or over?

Do I even need to explain this one? Like, does it really matter? As long as you don’t have to rip it a million times to get enough in your hand and wipe yourself, then there’s really nothing to argue about.

4. Coca Cola or Pepsi?

This one is a little trickier. Yes, I know the tastes are different and Pepsi is supposedly sweeter than Coca Cola, but it’s still soda. This is one I don’t think anyone will be able to agree on.

5. Is water wet?

I’m going to let you just figure it out on your own.

6. The Oxford Comma

Some people prefer not to use it, but I will love the Oxford Comma until the day I die! I can think of a million reasons why it should be used everywhere! (Of course, my editor for this piece does say otherwise…) Granted I am an English major. My papers have depended on it!

7. Szechuan sauce vs. the Unicorn Frappuccino: which is more overrated? 

This one I do have an answer for: both. But we all need our distractions from the mundane of everyday life. We laughed at whoever went for either option and then shoved it in each other’s faces about how similar the situations were.

Evangeline Murphy is currently studying to get her BA in English: Creative Writing at University of West Florida. You can usually find her in her room, under a fluffy blanket watching Disney movies or reading. She hopes to use to degree to be an editor. Being paid to read is the dream.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs