This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

As demonstrated in this years Fashion Week, Victoria Secret Fashion Show, and all other fashion related events, chokers are not going anywhere, thankfully. It has emerged into one of the most ubiquitous, versatile, and alluring pieces around our neck. Whether you are rocking them piled, single, in gold, silver, diamond, leather, chain, or in velvet you are still taking a fabulous stab at this obsession. Here are a few ways you can wear your favorite chokers while still killing this 90s trend!

1. Rock game day 

Who doesn’t love a classic game day selfie? Serve up your game day spirit by adding a velvet choker with the lovely wing pendant to add some extra details and textures to your outfit.

Velvet Choker X Wing

2. Add a feminine flare

Lace is every girl’s favorite obsession. They’re probably the most beautiful showstoppers ever! Try adding your lace choker with a high bun and low-cut top; it will bring extra attention to the elements of your accessory.

Lace Choker

3. Layer it up

Layering both thin chain and dainty chokers is an extremely classy and feminine option for any occasion. Even if your budget won’t allow you to buy multiple chokers, you can layer your thin short necklaces just above your collarbone for a choker inspired look.

Set trio Liam

4. Diamonds are a choker-lover’s best friend

Whether you are heading to a special occasion or a night out with your friends, a statement choker is always a must. Pairing an embellished statement choker with refined evening attire is fitting, but for a daytime look can be worn with a pair of boyfriend jeans and an off the shoulder blouse for a more edgy look!

Gold Choker

5. Wrap it up

Wrap chokers are easy to style and versatile. Whether it’s a tassel, suede, string, or faux leather choker, it will always be a trending topic. Wrap chokers can also work double duty. Tie it into a cute bow or double wrap it around your neck, allowing the tassels to hang for a Bohemian vibe.

BOLO Wrap Necklace

Thumbnail

My name is Tatyana Ransome. I'm currently a student at the University of West Florida, studying Advertising with a Minor in Photography. With this major, I'm hoping to pursue fashion editing, fashion marketing, and blogging. I also love any and everything associated with Beyoncé!
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs