Style

5 Things You Need to Know About Her Campus UWF’s College Fashion Week

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Her Campus UWF is bringing the very first College Fashion Week (CFW) to UWF on October 20 from 5-9 PM. CFW started out as a watch party for Her Campus Nationals’ New York City College Fashion Week, but we decided that wouldn’t be enough for our college fashionistas, so we added a little twist. Here’s everything you should expect at Her Campus UWF’s CFW.

1. Watch party

Our exclusive viewing of the NYC CFW is the ideal girls’ night out. We’ll have light refreshments, a runway, music and of course everything fashion related, so grab your friends and tune into this season’s hottest fashion trends.

2. Fashion show

While the New York City CFW plays on the big screen, we will be having our own fashion show featuring real women, real beauty and real style. So, swing by and strut your stuff in one of our three categories: Denim on Denim, Layers and Halloween-Esque. There will be one winner from each category.  Each winner will get a prize. We will also award honorable mentions to participants for best hair, best makeup and best usage of accessories.

3. The free products

Everyone loves free products, and at CFW, we will be giving out tons of products. We will have mascara from Buxom, beanies from Primark, Almay Goddess Gloss and so much more. These amazing products are the perfect finishing touches to any outfit.

4. Giveaways

During CFW, there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to win beauty products. The first 25 people to come through the door will get goodie bags. We will also have social media photo challenges at our photo-op corner and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to snap another flawless pic for Instagram and snag a few more beauty products.

5. The judges

The UWF Fashion Club will be our fashion show judges. The Fashion Club is the perfect addition to CFW because they know exactly how to rock all of the recent fall trends. Check out their instagram to stay in the fashion loop.

Gina Castro is a junior at the University of West Florida where she is double majoring in English Literature and Journalism. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UWF and an editorial intern for Ballinger Publishing. Since her sophomore year, she has been an active member of her university's Her Campus chapter. When she's not researching new stories to write articles about, she is watching knitting tutorials or obsessing over Toni Morrison.