clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things You Must Do Before Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Graduation. It’s the ultimate goal for every college student. Freshman year it looms before you like an insurmountable object. But each semester brings you closer and closer to the finish line until, bam! It’s time to graduate. After four years of hard work and routine, graduation leads you into a completely new path. Here is some advice on how to prepare for the future while remembering your past.

1. Resume

Your resume is arguably your most important professional tool. It’s one of the first in depth looks that a potential employer uses to examine your potential. Most college campuses have some sort of career center that offers a variety of services to help students prepare to enter the workforce. Seniors, take advantage of the free assistance while you can! They offer anything from resume workshops to mock interviews where they ask you questions about your resume that will prepare you for that post-grad life.

2. Go to the College Bar

You know the cheap, hole-in-the-wall bar that everyone goes to just because the drinks are cheap and the fakes work? Yeah, well go to it again, even if you don’t really feel like going out. Don’t be the weird grad who constantly comes back to “hang out.” Take the time to enjoy your college bars while you can still get away with it!

3. Revisit the Campus Hot Spots

Walk through your school and relive all your memories one more time. Maybe walk by your freshman dorm or go get some food at your favorite spot on campus. Walk through the library, the gym, and the common areas. All the places you’ve gotten so used to, aren’t going to be a part of your day to day scenery much longer, so soak it in.

4. Take Advantage of the Campus Amenities

At no other time in life will random things be for free, like they are in college. Make time for the free yoga classes, library resources, go-pro rentals, random free food opportunities, and awesome gym access before you have to start paying for it!

5.  Hang Out With Your College BFFs

This is so essential! College is crazy, schedules are hard to match up, but it is so necessary to make time for those who are important to you. While you might think spending every day and night with your friends is never going to end, sadly it does. Get as much time in as you can before the real world separates you. (Bonus points if either of y’all cry when discussing graduation.)

Thumbnail courtesy Unsplash

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs