5 Things We Wish our Professors Would Stop Saying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

As the semester is coming to an end, many of us are eager to finish. However, it seems that our professors want to make this stressful time even worst. While all we want is to hear a few words of encouragement to get through the last push, our professors keep letting us down. Here are a few things that we wish our professors would stop saying:

1. The classic, “You can’t do this last minute”.

Excuse you, but my schedule is based on doing things last minute, and I’m still pulling through. Even if I have every intention on starting this soon, I will totally forget about it until you mention it the class period before it is due.

2. “The final is cumulative and it’s worth 50 percent (or more) of your grade”.

Great! Let me just go back five months and relearn everything I already told my brain to forget. Oh and all the quizzes, classwork, homework and mandatory attendance from this semester was basically not worth anything at all.

3. “We will be meeting for hurricane makeup day, and it is on a Saturday morning, AND it is mandatory.”

As if we haven’t suffered enough from the damaging winds and torrential down pours. I’m even willing to do extra homework, just not an 8 a.m. class on a Saturday!

4. So much for going home early for break because “We will be meeting for class for the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving.”

Sorry for wanting to go see my family instead of sitting in your three-hour class. Also, I will now have to drive six hours on Thanksgiving, thanks a lot.

5. “Your final will be a group project.”

And if that wasn’t scary enough, “You’ll have to present it in front of the class.” Cool. So instead of studying, I now have to try and meet up with four other unreliable people and collaborate with them. Then you’re making my shy ass go up in front of 30+ people and read off a PowerPoint that was made last minute. Can you not?

Cover image via UNIGO

Sara is a sophmore at the University of West Florida. She is majoring in Comprehensive Marketing and minoring in management and international business. She has a passion for the beauty industy and aspires to be a social media marketer for a cosmetics company. Her other hobbies include cooking, hiking, paddleboarding and SCUBA diving.