5 Movies You Can’t Miss This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

With all the new movies coming out every weekend it can become overwhelming when deciding which one to go see. The first thing you should do is figure out what type of movie you want to see. Horror? Drama? Romance? Sometimes there are just too many options. To help you decide, we’ve listed five movies you can’t miss this weekend.  

1. Kingsman: The Golden Circle 

If you are a fan of action/adventure movies, then Kingsman is a must-see. However, it is the second Kingsman movie and it might be beneficial to watch to first film, Kingsman: Secret Service, before going to see this one. Kingsman is packed with many action scenes with secret agents fighting to save the day. We guarantee there will never be a dull moment in the theater.

2. IT

Thriller and horror movie lovers rejoiced when IT was announced to be released this summer. It is bound to be one of the most talked about movies this year. IT is based on Stephen King’s novel about Pennywise, a clown that emerges from the sewers every 27 years to hunt down the town’s children, and a group of friends must overcome their fears to fight Pennywise. This is a perfect movie to watch with Halloween just around the corner!

3. Flatliners 

This sci-fi film is about a group of medical students who want to discover if there is anything beyond life. To find out, they trigger near death experiences by shortly stopping their hearts. This causes them to begin new adventures in their minds. However, they must face their past while they continue their adventures.

4. Home Again 

If you are having a girls’ weekend or you just enjoy a good romance/drama, then Home Again should be added to your list of must-see movies. Home Again is about a woman who has recently been separated from her husband, and moves back to Los Angles with her two children. She meets a man and begins a romance with him, but just around that time her ex-husband shows up. The plot thickens…

5. Different Flowers

Different Flowers is a comedy about two sisters who go on a life-changing adventure. Millie leaves the alter on her wedding day and brings her free-spirted sister along with her on an adventure. This movie is perfect for a GNO or a cozy night on your own.

Cover image courtesy of Facebook

Junior, Majoring in Communications and specializing in Telecommunications. set14@students.uwf.edu