4 Reasons I Will Never Grow Out of Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

Some people say that Disney is only for kids, but I believe that Disney is for everyone. At 19 years old, I go at least once a week when I am not at college. It may seem like an obsession, but it is more like a lifestyle. Micky Mouse is my best friend, and Cinderella is my neighbor. I intend to maintain my annual Disney pass until I no longer live in the area, even if I am 60 years old. Disney is called the most magical place on earth for a reason, and here are four that will make you understand why.  

1. Disney World is a judge free zone.

Even though I might look like a tourist because of my outfit choices, true Disney fans will understand. Typically you’ll see me sporting a Disney shirt, lanyard, Minnie ears and Disney jewelry. It is perfectly acceptable to get overly excited about a character, there’s no judgement.

2. The Disney cast members help make your trip magical.

Most of the Disney cast members will go out of their way to assure that you have the best day possible. What more can you ask for than a cast member working to make sure everything is perfect? Everything from ensuring that sure your meal is perfect, to handing out stickers just to put a smile on everyone’s face.

3. Disney will bring out your inner child.

Screaming at the sight of a mouse is considered a good thing on Disney property. Often time a lot of adults will dress up as their favorite character rather than wearing the shirt. I am always so excited to meet a character that I will wait in an hour-long line just for a picture and a quick conversation.

4. The food at Disney is incredible.

If you have ever seen a dessert from Disney, you will understand what I mean by incredible. They turn any food into a character, making it much more desirable. I wouldn’t buy a plain white cupcake for $5, but put a carrot nose and eyes on it, call it Olaf and I’ll buy it. Disney is known to be on the pricey side, but to me it is worth the experience.

Cover photo via Disney Food Blog

Hey guys! I am Nicole waldo. I am currently a sophomore at the University of West Florida. Go Argos! This is my first year in HerCampus and I am very excited to be in such a wonderful orgaization. 
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs