15 Thoughts We Have During Syllabus Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWF chapter.

1. “These hills… I forgot about these hills…” They’re barely navigable by skateboard or hoverboard. At least you can take in the beautiful scenery as you crawl to class in the Floridian heat, Argos! Stay hydrated!

2. “REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!” Get ready to see all of your friends again!

3. “I really hope I don’t get lost. I don’t wanna make a bad first impression by being late.”

4. “Wow, I’m embarrassingly sweaty. This is gross, I’m so glad I remembered my deodor- Oh. It’s melted.”

5. “How did I get into college if I can’t read a map?” Ahh, the campus map. While artistic, it is still a weird hodgepodge of three-dimensional buildings on a slanted background of bushes, overlapping a level graph.

6. “I’m not going to ask someone where I am. They’ll think I’m an idiot.”

7. “Definitely should have asked that person where I am.”

8. “Did the professor just say we only have three grades? …and they’re all exams?”

9. “What does ‘I don’t believe in extra credit,’ mean?”

10. “How long is this class? I’m so hungry.”

11. “I have to buy a $30 clicker when he could just take roll.”

12. “We’re only allowed two absences and we lose a whole letter grade on the third absence?!”

13. “‘The textbook is relatively cheap’?! WHAT WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN, PROFESSOR? A $260 TEXTBOOK IS NOT CHEAP AT ALL!”

14. “Oh, we’re going on a field trip to the beach. What a shifty way to buy our silent civility. But I’m not complaining; I love Pensacola Beach!”

15. “Alright. Now I have approximately eight minutes to walk from Building 13 to Building 71.”

You'll find me in my hammock between classes, drooling over volcano sushi rolls, or cross stitching in silence. I'm a maritime studies student with a dream of working on oceanic documentaries or founding Atlantis, whichever comes first.
Abigail is a Journalism and Political Science major minoring in Spanish. She has a penchant for puns and can't go a morning without listening to NPR's Up First podcast. You can usually find her dedicating time to class work, Her Campus, College to Congress, SGA or hammocking. Her dream job is working as a television broadcast journalist on a major news network. Down time includes TED talk binges, reading and writing. You can follow Abigail on instagram and Twitter @abi_meggs