This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

2017 sprung away. Looking back, I can say that 2017 was the year of resistance and battles. Here are awesome examples of people not accepting the things the way they are.

The women’s march

A day after Trump’s inauguration, thousands of women marched for their rights. Cities, where marches took place, include Washington D.C., New York, Seattle, California, and Paris.

Travel ban

People of America showed their protest to Trump’s new travel ban. The message they wanted to be heard was simple: Immigrants make America great!

#MeToo

One of the most scandalous confession of the year was revealing sexual assaults in Hollywood. Shortly the hashtag went viral, and even women in congress came out to show dirty side of political life.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.