This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

NYC was undoubtedly the most alive city I’ve visited. I, along with four other amazing ladies, got the opportunity to attend Her Conference Empower in Brooklyn, New York. As the name implies, it was EMPOWERING. A short two day trip, but we made the most out of it, encouraging and supporting each other every step of the way. Of course we coudn’t leave without stopping by NYC’s most inconic photo ops. A big shoutout to Her Campus UWB writer, Bryanna Bui for capturing these moments. 

1. Brooklyn Bridge- I mean the pictures speak for themselves! It was even more captivating in person. With a short 1.3 miles across, you can briskly walk through, but trust me, you’ll want to take your time here. Tip: Don’t go mid day! It will be impossible to get a photo without other tourist photobombing in the background.

2. Times Square- It’s one of those tourist spots that everyone knows about, some might even say it’s “too touristy”. Regardless, I think it’s worth your time to visit just once. See the same spot where the iconic ball drops every New Years Eve or try their famous Brooklyn style pizza. No matter what time of year you go, there’s always something to do here. 

3. Dumbo- (or Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) I would argue that this spot is better than the Brooklyn Bridge. Still just as crowded, but a more laid back vibe. The rustic look of warehouse buildings and cobblestone streets, it’s the ultimate backdrop. Peeking out under the bridge is the East River and Manhattan skyline making it a complete photo spot.

4. World Trade Center- A monumental place with so much deeper meaning. There’s so many aspects to the WTC that it’s impossibe to see it all in one day. The oculus, the 9/11 memorial, street art. All so different and beautiful. Our focus stayed by the graffiti art which has become an iconic part of Manhatten.

5. Subway Station- A dirty, underground subway station isn’t what instagrammers typically think of when they hear “photo op”, but these shots surprised me (shoutout Bry again for capturing these moments). Everything from laughs to sleeping on the subway, I experienced it all. Jokes aside (I didn’t really fall asleep on the subway lol), but I’m so happy I can leave NYC with these gems. 

Photo Spots we didn’t get to, but I still recommend!

• Grand Army Plaza
  • Grand Centrail Station
  • Central Park

Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to make it to all the spots, but there’s always a second trip. I’m so grateful for the sites we did see and the amazing women I was saw them with. Prathyusha, Sanjevni, Bryanna, and Gloria made this experience. If y’all get the opportunity to visit NYC, don’t miss out on these one of kind sites. Trust me, there are better than they look in pictures and are worth the trip. 

Samantha is a current Business Marketing major and Visual & Media arts minors. She loves to write about relatable topics such as dealing with stress and mental health. Aside from that, her passions include yoga, style, & self care!