This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobun! Oraemaniya! (Hi, everyone! It’s been a while!) Hope everyone had a relaxing and fun Winter break. I know I sure did. And in the process, I managed to sneak in quite a bit of binge watching of some new dramas from this past year. I’ll also add where you can watch them online, so you can join in on the fun!

1. What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

This cute, little drama about the life of Kim Mi So (or Mi So Kim in terms of traditional acknowledgement) who has been the secretary of vain, self righteous Vice Chairman of a holdings groups Lee Yeon Joo. After serving him for nine years, she decides to quit. However, he is very reluctant for her to leave. You’ll see why in the show. It’s very fun-loving and cute and Lee Seo Jun (the actor who plays Lee Yeon Joo) and so frikin hot. Neomu jal saengida (very handsome). You can watch this drama on Viki.com for free but with ads (don’t worry they don’t last too long).

2. Hymn of Death

One of my favorite male Korean actors is Lee Jong Suk. His work on the drama W – Two Worlds was pretty darn amazing. And just him as an actor is amazing, too. But in this easily watchable, three episode long show about actual people, writer Kim U Jin (U Jin Kim) and Yun Sim Deok (Sim Deok Yun), you follow the terrible and heart-wrenching time period of discrimination between the Japanese and Koreans during the 1920s. Lee Jong Suk plays Kim U Jin and Shin Hye Sun plays Sim Deok Yun. It has that Romeo and Juliet vibe to it, but the reality that these people were real just made this drama feel very impactful even though it got a few tears out of me. All three episodes are on Netflix.

3. Memories of the Alhambra

What if to play a video game, you wouldn’t need a controller or VR set? What if you could encounter those characters in real life? That’s what this drama starring famous actress Park Shin Hye and actor Hyun Bin explore in this drama also featuring Park Chanyeol from the famous Kpop band, EXO. The story was quite interesting and the effects, as well. Definitely worth a watch. This one’s also on Netflix.

Kdramas are just getting better and better these days. And I know quite a few more are coming out within the next few months with some great actors, so definitely check some out. Enjoy binge watching!

Loralyn Narvaez is a California Native who previously attended UWB. Although she currently lives back in California, she served as Head Writer for the chapter publishing articles and writing her own. She recently graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a Business minor and was Campus Correspondent for HC UCSD. She is currently attending CSU Fullerton pursuing her Master's Degree in Communications. Her interests include cosmetics, fashion, food, literature, linguistics, and Asian culture.