Spotlight: Weyni Teklu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Weyni Teklu

Hometown: South Seattle

Major: Computer Science

Languages Spoken: English, Tigrinya, Amharic

What’s your favorite TV show? How I Met Your Mother

Who is your favorite music artist? My favorite artist is PartyNextDoor

Do you play any sports? I play soccer and of course, tetherball.

What do you love the most? I love talking about food the most.

What’s an interesting fact about yourself? I got fired after working at Menchies for only two hours.

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? I would travel to Barcelona because the city looks very interesting and so does the food.

"You will either step forward into growth or step back into saftey." - Abraham Maslow Bryanna Bui attends the University of Washington, Bothell. As a first generation student with immigrant parents from Vietnam, her college pathway and future career is primarily rooted from appreciating every opportunity she is given to create a better life for not only herself , but also for others who may not have the same opportunities. She is an advocate for mental health and human rights. Majoring in media and communications studies, she loves to write and hopes once she receives her degree, her passion for writing and skills in communication will bring a voice to the voices that are often silenced and bring about awareness for social justice and change.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.