This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Ah the dreaded time, the end of Spring Break. Students are returning from their Spring Break destinations to start Spring Quarter classes. For me, it was a much needed detox. With lots of self reflection, I listed out a few quotes I related to. Allow this to inspire you to self reflect on your own time; it is so important. 

It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you if you allow it.

Be true with your intentions, but be aware that not everyone has the same intentions as you.

It’s okay to lose friends. Sometimes they were put in your life for a period of time, but not meant to stay. 

You can’t expect someone to pour from an empty cup, but you can help them fill it. 

If it’s not going to matter in five years, don’t spend more than five minutes upset by it.

Each person is on their own journey. Enjoy the process and any obstacles that come with it. 

People don’t set out to be bad people. Sometimes you meet good people who are in a bad time. 

Focus on the highs instead of the lows. When you look back, that is all you’ll remember anyway.

Everything begins with intention.

Samantha is a current Business Marketing major and Visual & Media arts minors. She loves to write about relatable topics such as dealing with stress and mental health. Aside from that, her passions include yoga, style, & self care!