This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Hey everyone! So my schedule has been quite vacant recently with my work reducing my hours and my schooling being one online class. That’s why I decided that my PS4 needed some love and was inspired to play tons of videogames which if you know me, it’s not a usual thing. It’s literally been years since I spent hours playing videogames. Recently, I broke that streak and had a little too much fun with them, so I thought in my state of coping from videogames that I recently beat, I’d share some that you HAVE to play.

1. The Sims (specifically 4)

Photo cred: www.ea.com

Even if you aren’t a gamer, I’m sure you’ve heard of the Sims at some point in your life. I was first introduced when I was in middle school and watched my uncle play the Sims 3 on the PS3. I thought it was so cool and loved when he finally gave me the controller to play along. If you want a game that gives you full control over people and the way things are run in your little world, this game is a great way to escape for a few hours to create a little family or just watch random Sims interact with each other and make their way in the world.

2. Kingdom Hearts (like all of them minus the PC ones)

Photo cred: youtube.com

For those who don’t know, Kingdom Hearts is one of the biggest videogame franchises in the WORLD from 2002 to the most recent game KH3 just having been released a month ago. Whether you’re a Disney fan or not, this colorful, creative, heartfelt franchise has grown so much over thirteen games and everything from the theme songs to the amazing artistry and graphics makes everything feel so deep and real.

If you start from KH1, you begin your story with main character Sora (boy in front) who begins his adventure with his friends Riku and Kairi when darkness begins to take over their land and stretches towards a variety of Disney worlds. You follow him on his adventure as he defeats darkness with his Keyblade and helps save the world with Donald Duck and Goofy as his main companions crossing worlds to be saved from evil. You start forming an emotional connection with these characters, and it’s amazing watching the story unfold. Granted this franchise is notorious for its extremely complex storyline that even took me a while to understand even as a huge fan of the series. Even if you just play KH3 and don’t understand the storyline, don’t worry. You’ll still enjoy the amazing graphics, features, the Disney worlds, and even the fact that guys, spoiler alert, there are HIDDEN MICKEYS IN THIS GAME. Disney and Square Enix did that.

3. Final Fantasy (Yes, more Square Enix)

Photo cred: gamerpros.com

So as I’m writing this article, I am currently coping with me having beat this extremely long game after only a couple days. This photo is the cover of Final Fantasy 15, the most recent game in the HUMONGOUS FF franchise. It’s longer than KH. This franchise has a huge amount of games where some games connect and others don’t such as this one which came out in 2016. In FF15, you play as twenty year-old Prince Noctis Lucis Caelum who leaves the Crown City of Insomnia with his friends and mentors Gladiolus, Ignis, and Prompto to get married to Lunafreya Nox Fleuret to form a union between two militaristic countries. However, things go awry on their journey when the Imperial empire of Niflheim decides to attack the Crown City to assume control and allow eternal night to fall upon the world. In this game, since it’s FF, there’s mythological God’s, monsters, and magic, but the heart and soul of this game is the journey of people who are fighting for what’s been taken from them and the emotional connection you grow with these characters. This game is similar to KH in that you have vast worlds that you travel through and so many cool features to utilize to customize your character’s and tons of side quests to level up your characters to make gameplay easier. My recommendation, do a bunch of side quests for big rewards and experience points, so bigger battles with higher level enemies is WAAAAAAY easier and you can enjoy the story more. And honestly, I’m still recovering from this story *tear falls*.

4. Animal Crossing (Every one of them)

Photo cred: www.nintendo.com

As you have probably noticed, I love games that allow me to customize and have a little more control over how I experience the game. Animal Crossing is no different. Since 2001, this adorable franchise has crossed so many platforms giving people the opportunity to play this game in so many different ways and trust me when I say it has gotten better and better with each new game. The most recent release, Pocket Camp, allows you to play on your phone making this game super addicting, cute, and super fun with how this game rewards you with immediate satisfaction because you get numerous rewards with every time you log onto the game. With Animal Crossing, you start of in a little city and make friends with animals, make a garden, design your home, campsite, city (depends on what platform or game you have), and be able to create fun designs with furniture and clothing. It’s one of those games where if you need a little pick me up, this game will just always make you happy. But be careful because once you get into it, there’s no going back.

So I hope you all enjoyed my little spiel on games I’ve really loved recently. I’m not very good at videogames, but trust me when I say once I start a game, I pour my heart and soul into it if it’s good. There have been a lot of long nights recently XD Hope you guys try these games out, too!

Loralyn Narvaez is a California Native who previously attended UWB. Although she currently lives back in California, she served as Head Writer for the chapter publishing articles and writing her own. She recently graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a Business minor and was Campus Correspondent for HC UCSD. She is currently attending CSU Fullerton pursuing her Master's Degree in Communications. Her interests include cosmetics, fashion, food, literature, linguistics, and Asian culture.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.