Here’s to Firsts. The Moments that Matter the Most.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

In any new relationship, the moments that stick with us forever are the ones that have never been explored by you, your partner, or both of you until now. As a relationship rookie pushing on to a half a year relationship (my longest relationship ever), it’s the little things that have made the most impact on me. Little things such as having someone cook for you for the first time without asking or surprising you at work for the first time are moments that seem to create a mental checklist of new things that I am happy to have checked off with someone who accepts me and cares for me. This article isn’t to brag or discuss moments only pertaining to me because any new couple could experience these things. It’s definitely not all of the first you could have with your partner, but these are just a few of those fun moments that make everything seem worthwhile. Even if you aren’t in a relationship, hopefully when the time comes you can experience that same little giddy feeling of excitement and love when you get to achieve these firsts with your partner.

1. When You First Hold Their Hand

2. When You Visit A Restaurant Neither of You Have Visited

3. When You Spend the Holidays Together

4. When You Spend Time Away From Each Other and Attempt to Break Skype Records Every Night (Apologies for my disgusting photo editing)

5. And Finally, When You Meet Again and Go Off Somewhere Together

After all of these crappy and sappy photos of mine, I hope it gives you a little insight into the fun firsts and ones that you can invent for yourself in the future. I gave you a little glimpse of some of my firsts in the hopes that you can relate on some level or soon relate on some level. Firsts with your partner are the best. Not just for you and your SO but even if it’s just your best friend. It’s the new experiences that stick to us the most and become the most memorable. So make each moment worthwhile.

Loralyn Narvaez is a California Native who previously attended UWB. Although she currently lives back in California, she served as Head Writer for the chapter publishing articles and writing her own. She recently graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications and a Business minor and was Campus Correspondent for HC UCSD. She is currently attending CSU Fullerton pursuing her Master's Degree in Communications. Her interests include cosmetics, fashion, food, literature, linguistics, and Asian culture.