This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

What’s your major?

I am an undecided major.

What languages do you speak?

I mainly speak English but I can understand most Spanish.

Where is your hometown?

I was born and raised in Seattle.

What’s your favorite thing about being Mexican and Japanese? 

My favorite thing about being Mexican in Japanese would would have to be that I need to experience two cultures that aren’t very related with their traditional values, food, and lifestyle. It has made me open minded to diversity in our society.

Who is your favorite soccer player?

My favorite soccer player would have to be Cristiano Ronaldo.

What do you hope to gain from your first year of college?

In my first year of college I want to decide on a major. I also am looking forward to joining a club and playing intramural soccer. I’m also hoping that I can make multiple friends from my classes and also to be able to discover a studying technique that is a good fit for me.

Who is your role model?

My role model would have to be my father because he is someone that I respect deeply and he is also someone that I look to for advice.

Do you have a quote that you live by?

I don’t remember the exact way that the quote goes but it’s something along the lines of “the only thing standing in the way of you reaching your goals is you.”

If you were to study abroad, where would you go and what would you like to study?

To be honest it would be a great experience just to go anywhere and experience a different culture but I do enjoy visiting European countries.

If you woke up with any super power, what would it be?

My superpower would be to control time.

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.