pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCUWB Spotlight : Alex Tullar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Name: Alex Tullar 

Year: Senior

Major: Business (Finance and Accounting)

Favorite Season: Spring 

What’s your favorite food: Pizza.

Favorite Spot to Study: The library. 

Sneha: What can people always catch you doing? 

Alex: Working on either financial modeling for my internship or home work from my classes. 

Sneha: What is your most valued Lesson from college?

Alex: Get serious about getting a tight schedule and stick to it. Don’t separate your social and work life if you don’t have to. You can always grab some quick food with the right people while getting in a quick study sesh right after. When you do hang out with friends without involving school, try to do something productive before or after so your social life doesn’t affect your academic career.

Sneha: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Alex: I see myself working for a regional accounting firm. Starting off doing audit and then advisory services. After 2 or 3 years of doing that starting a part time MBA while I work.

Sneha: Do you regret anything from college?

Alex: I regret almost any interaction I’ve had with women. Another regret I have is not getting serious about finding my passion earlier in my college career. I switched majors twice before I decided on majoring in business. 

Sneha: You were originally a CS major, and then a math major, what made you change your mind so many times

Alex: I didn’t receive any rewarding feeling from my work in Math or Computer Science. I would solve a problem but not be enthusiastic about starting the next one. Then I randomly chose to take a financial accounting class and felt rewarded when I completed the problems, and looked more into the field in general. 

Sneha: Finally, what’s your favorite quote?

“In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, you get the women.” – Al Pacino (scar face)

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.