danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Create Your Own Studyblr!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

With the start of winter quarter, many students relish the thought of a fresh start for their academic career. Many people turn to their books yet find it hard to keep the same amount of effort and drive towards their grades for the whole quarter. This is where studyblrs come in. What is a studyblr you may ask?  It’s a type of blog on Tumblr solely for aesthetic academia. Bloggers often post their own studying adventures as well as helpful tips and tricks for their followers. This group of people creates a community where those with similar academic and professional goals gather and share their progress in their own creative way. Having a studyblr creates accountability through building a following and can be a major influence to maintaining your grades this quarter!

So, how do you get started? We’ve laid out the main steps for you below. Happy studying! 

Create a Tumblr account:

If you don’t already have one, create an account and follow a bunch of studyblrs for inspiration! Then go on to your page and customize your layout, color scheme, and side pages however you’d like! This space is all yours.

Starting your first post:       

Many people might feel awkward posting their personal studying adventures onto an unfamiliar site, however the Tumblr studying community compared to a lot of other social medias are very supportive people! With a safer environment, this is a great way to test out what you want to show other people. If what you’re passionate about is photography, you can take artsy pictures of your notes, etc. If you like to write about your week in a journal like format, you have the space to do so! No matter what you do, it is your space and you can be perceived the way you want to be and portray yourself however you would like to.

Posting your first post:

These are two very different things. After you have your post written up, you get to post upload it and put it on your Tumblr! But wait! Before you upload your post and get upset because it doesn’t receive any interaction from the community, shift your eyes to the tagging bar. This bar will put your posts into the Tumblr community. It’s hard to find your post if it’s unsearchable, by using tags, when other people search up “studyblrs”, “notes” etc. your posts will pop up! If you are more comfortable with just keeping your blog as a personal record and don’t want any engagement, you don’t have to do this step. 

Keep it Consistent:

The only way to keep your following and hold yourself accountable for your studying and for your posts is your audience, or your own will power, but internet friends always help a little. If you upload weekly try to maintain this to grow your following and let your followers have something to look forward to every week!