This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Hats!

Hats are always good in the fall because they keep you warm and protect you hair from wind or rain. Although, this year hats are becoming a favorite accessory. This fall is all about vintage looking hats such as beret’s (above) and the fishermen style hat (as seen below). Add one of these hats to your look for an instant trendy outfit.

Favorite Fall color = Red!

The beautiful red leaves on the trees this time of year are one of the best parts of fall! But red is also one of the trendiest colors to wear this fall. I invested in a red denim jacket late in the summer and it is my new favorite item of clothing. Perfect for fall and I’ve managed to make the color match with everything. As the seasons change, so do the styles and I personally love wearing clothes to reflect the seasons.

Printed pants!

More comfy and definitely more cute, switch your average pair of jeans for a pair of patterned pants. For fall I really like checkered/gingham/flannel pattern for pants. But any pattern you like or can find would work great. Stores such as Brandy Melville and Urban outfitters both have really cute patterned pants.

Wrap tops!

These have been in for a while but I’ve noticed them becoming more popular lately. As the weather is getting colder make sure you get one with long sleeves! This top is super cute, flattering, and has versatile ways to wear it.

Fur slides!

Riri started this trend (of course) with her Fenty line of puma slides about a year ago, but furry slides stayed in. Urban Outfitters sells cheap and many colorful options of these shoes. While companies like Gucci made their own style of fur slides, with the fur loafers (just more expensive then I will ever get).

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.