Wellness

5 Ways To Make Sure You’re Ready For Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Hey ladies! For all us huskies, next week is finals week. This means that everyone is one week away from Spring Break! Everyone is scrambling to write their final papers, group evaluations, finish up their projects and study for final tests. Here are some tips to make sure you’re 100% ready to tackle finals week.

Start Now:

Starting early is super important! If you have any papers due or any tasks that are long, get started on them now! This way, you’ll be able to estimate the amount of work that’s need for that specific task and the amount of time you need to complete it. If you start a paper an hour before its due, and you realize its longer or harder than you thought, it’ll be too late by then.

Make a Planner:

It does not have to be a fancy book with beautiful aesthetic writing. It could just be on your computer. Use a Microsoft Excel sheet to keep track of all the things you need to do with all the due dates and times in it. If anything is urgent, highlight it red. If you’re done with the task, strike it. This way, you’ll be able to see everything you’ve completed so far and also the things you still need to do!

Go to a Study Group:

Sometimes, it can get hard to study alone. You might get distracted by your phone or start to watch Netflix. Just find a couple of friends and study at the library! Some professors and TA’s host study groups so make use of those resources!

Avoid Social Media:

Sometimes when I’m studying, I get bored and I go on Facebook or Instagram. I see a meme about a TV show I already watched, tag a couple of friends to share it with them. Then I go “hmm maybe I should watch that show” and start scrolling to Netflix and I end up starting a new show and binging it. This usually happens during dead week or finals week, which is the worst time to start a show. So in general, I try to avoid social media to keep my mind healthy and unoccupied so I can focus on what’s important.

Prioritize Health:

It is crucial to be in good both physical and mental health to do well on finals week! Get good sleep and eat lots of good, healthy food. This will help you avoid totally avoidable problems like sleeping in or getting sick. If you are healthy, you will be able to study more effectively in a short amount of time.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.