This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Like almost everything else this year, Halloween is not going to be the same. Unfortunately, we can’t go out and celebrate with our friends, but we can still make the most out of the night! I have compiled a list of five things you can do to make the most out of staying at home on Halloween!

Watch Spooky Movies 

Scary movies are definitely not my thing, so I’ll stick to watching Disney Halloween movies. 

If spooky movies are your thing then you are in luck! I did some research and turns out these are some of the scariest, most suspenseful movies out there:

1.Train to Busan

2.The Witch 

3. A Quiet Place 

4.The Descent 

5.Get Out

6.The Shinning

7.Halloween 

Choose one, curl up under blankets and grab a pillow (you’ll need something to cover your eyes). 

Read Scary Stories

If you don’t feel like watching horror, how do you feel about reading it? Look up some scary stories and read them 

Write a Scary Story 

Maybe you don’t want to watch horror, or read it so why not write it yourself? If you like creative writing this might just be the perfect way to spend your Halloween evening.

Bake Halloween Cookies 

Who doesn’t love cookies?

For this one you have two options, make those cookies from scratch or buy a packet of ready to bake Halloween cookies and pop them in the oven. Its quick, its fun and its delicious. 

Zoom Halloween Party 

If you don’t have any in person Halloween plans, probably neither do your friends. Text them a zoom link and tell them they have 15 minutes to make a costume out of things they have in their house. Start the zoom and have a contest on who had the best worst costume.  

Have fun!

Dessirée is a fourth year student majoring in biology at UWB. She plans on becoming a physician focused on closing the gap in the quality of health care women of underrepresented minorities receive. Amongst other things, Dessirée loves baking, writing letters, music, and spending time with her family. Dessirée loves an adventure, and enjoys traveling. So far, she has lived in five different countries. She hopes that Her Campus at UWB inspires and motivates readers to live their most authentic life.