This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Hey, wanna look cool without copying everyone else’s style? Here are five underrated streetwear brands!

Barbell Brigade

Okay so I’m super biased here, because I watch their channel and their personal channels, but Barbell Brigade is the best streetwear brand. By purchasing their stuff you’re buying into the idea of working hard for what you want, and staying humble when you reach your goals with their

Ame

This company is more japanese based, with slight anime references in their clothing. Overall it’s minimalistic, stylish, and sleek. Although it’s new, it shows good potential.

Seance

Although the shirt designs may look odd to some, that uniqueness and slight weirdness give this brand it’s signature. If this suits your taste, I think it could be really edgy or artsy. Note they haven’t dropped their line yet.

Soltau

This is a company I have been following for a while. They choose 3 colors and build their lines based off of it. The last drop was blue, orange, and yellow. Below is an example of the blue tshirt, pants, and bra. Their IG is really satisfying and aesthetic if you’re digging the bold colors, check them out!

Korashe

Another newer company for our last low key feature. Although all they have right now is a hoodie, the logo is promising and can be transformed if they work through it correctly. I would keep an eye out for more of their stuff in the future.

Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.