This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWB chapter.

Live reindeer in Seattle

When: Everyday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM until December 24 2017

Swanson’s Nursery seasonal holiday décor shopping event featuring Santa’s reindeer.

Live reindeer in Bothell

When: December 24 2017 from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Two of Santa’s reindeer are at Country Village Shops amidst twinkling lights and holiday displays.

Winterfest at Seattle Center

Activities and live performances, including free ice sculpting, free lively weekend performances and student showcases, Winterfest Ice Rink (admission and rental fees), Winter Train & Village (suggested donation).

Santa Christmas Festival in Mill Creek

When: December 2 2017 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM

The family-friendly event includes entertainment from local choirs and dance groups, arts and crafts, food trucks, holiday craft market, and photos with Santa. Santa surprises children with his arrival by fire truck

Gloria Gonzalez-Zapata is born and raised in Seattle,Washington. Currently she is a first year student at University of Washington Bothell and is majoring in Law,Economics, and Public policy with a minor in Arabic Both of her parents are immigrants, her mother is from Panama and her father is Mexican. she also has a brother and three younger sisters. Her favorite activities are spending time with her family, volunteering, working, and especially loves to travel to learn about other countries government, culture, and language.
Prathyusha Pillari is a 19-year-old senior at University of Washington, Bothell where she majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. She was born in India and spent 14 years of her life there before moving to the United States. She is an advocate of women's rights and equality. She loves creative writing, traveling, driving around in her car and stalking people on Instagram.