Your Five Anthems for the First Week of Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Fall, arguably the best season of the year for just about everyone, has just rolled in. Fun-filled weekends, homecoming celebrations, and taking nature hikes are autumn activities we live for. But this season is special because the transition from summer evokes a new musical mood.  Spotify feeds everywhere are starting to fill up with fall playlists and everyone is starting to discover their top songs for the season. Don’t know where to start your perfect mix? Here are five songs to get you started!

Keep Close // Lemaitre

This first jam is going to be the one you listen to when you’re walking to class on what probably feels like the best day of your life. You’ve got on the cool sweater you’ve been waiting all summer to wear and you’re all prepared to participate in class and get stuff done; everything’s just on one-hundred. Lemaitre’s funky masterpiece “Keep Close” will give you just as much of a kick as that coffee you’re about to grab because today’s the day you also feel like treating yourself.

I’m Like A Lawyer With the Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off (Me & You) // Fall Out Boy

If fall is a nostalgic time for you then there’s nothing better than a little throwback in the mix here and there. Remember in high school when everyone was falling in love around homecoming and nothing ever came out of it but endless dramatics and things we all laugh about now? This classic will have you remembering the times of getting together with friends for a bonfire, hitting up the haunted houses, and even going through the tough times together.

Be Right There (Henry Land Remix) // Diplo & Sleepy Tom

Who says it has to be summer to have your own little music festival right in your backyard? That barbeque you have planned for next Saturday with all of your friends will not be complete without the perfect house songs, and there’s nothing better than Henry Land’s touch on Diplo & Sleepy Tom’s bassy hit “Be Right There.”

Coffee // Sylvan Esso

Fact: fall is the season of pumpkin spice lattes and there is absolutely no arguing that. However, where one can find the BEST latte will always be such an ongoing debate that soon enough there will be an app rating cafes on how good they can spice it up. Needless to say, this is your coffeehouse anthem for finding your cup of tea… or latte for that matter.

Mon Amour // OBESON

Do you got a bae, though?  Well, even if you don’t and all you have are a bunch of blankets to wrap yourself in, this is the ultimate Sunday cuddle jam for when it’s just too cold to go outside despite the beautiful sunshine. Get ready for the feels to run wild; OBESON has a way of singing lullabies without words.

Her Campus at UW-Stout