Women of Country Power Anthems to Fire You Up Through Finals And Beyond

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

Women in Country are largely underappreciated in music, even when they’re incredibly talented and amazing. Spend some time with these 10 fantastic ladies who have a lot to say. You definitely won’t regret it. 

“GIRL” – Maren Morris

Is anyone else going to inspire you to get it together like this? Morris is the QUEEN of motivational bops. 

Other Hits: 80s Mercedes, My Church, The Middle, and The Bones. 

“Ladies In The ’90s” – Lauren Alaina

It’s probably impossible to stay in a bad mood while listening to this one. But that could also describe listening to any of Alaina’s backlog. She infuses so much energy into what she produces. 

Other Hits: Getting Good, Doin’ Fine, Next Boyfriend, and Road Less Traveled. 

“Miss Me More” – Kelsea Ballerini

She is a killer when it comes to charting feel good melodies. She’s been setting the country world on fire since releasing “The First Time” back in 2015. 

Other Hits: Better Luck Next Time, homecoming queen?, Legends, and Get Over Yourself. 

“Wasting All These Tears” – Cassadee Pope

She has such an electric vibe for a country singer. Pope isn’t afraid to mix up genres, themes, and vocals. She definitely brings something new to fall in love with. 

Other Hits: FYI, How I feel Right Now, and Take You Home. 

“Follow Your Arrow” – Kacey Musgraves

Girl is on fire right now! If it’s not releasing an award winning album, a glittery Christmas special, or saving a family photo business, she can’t lose. She has an infectiously positive energy. 

Other Hits: Rainbow, Merry Go ‘Round, Blowin’ Smoke, and My House. 

“Bathroom Floor” – Maddie & Tae

Maddie & Tae are notoriously slept on in this industry. They hit it big in 2015 with “Girl in a Country Song”, and have only gotten better from there. Bathroom floor not required. 

Other Hits: Girl in a Country Song, Fly, Trying on Rings, Friends Don’t, and Die From A Broken Heart.

“Worth It” – Danielle Bradbery

Bradbery has such a soulful voice. She’s the country version of Adele. Try not to get lost in the melody.

Other Hits: Potential, Sway, Red Wine+White Couch, and Hello Summer. 

“Bra Off” – RaeLynn

RaeLynn can be pretty hit-or-miss when it comes to her feminist message. Anyone remember “God Made Girls” ? RaeLynn has grown as an artist since her time on The Voice, and is steadily producing hits. 

Other Hits: Queen’s Don’t, Love Triangle and Lonely Call.

“Change” – Taylor Swift

It might be a little hard to remember that the iconic Swift started out as a Country singer. She released winning Country album after another before trying her luck with Pop, which has made her even more of a household name. Girl is an unstoppable force in action, even earning the coveted AMA award for Artist of the Decade

Other Hits: Picture To Burn, Forever & Always, Enchanted, State of Grace, Blank Space, End Game, and The Man. 

“Head Over Heels” – Runaway June

Country girl group anyone? Runaway June has such a modern Dixie Chicks vibe to them, and they have so much potential to hit it big in their male dominated industry. 

Other Hits: Buy My Own Drinks, Trouble With This Town, and Lipstick. 

Country music is truly blessed for the countless women in their ranks. All we need to do is fully appreciate them. 

Stephanie Zengler is a Business Administration major and Communication Studies minor, and she completely understands if you think her last name is actually Ziegler. Like a lot of business majors, Stephanie has a favorite Andrew Carnegie quote, and like a good communication minor, has very strong opinions on the Oxford comma. Aside from being a Stout student, Stephanie is an avid fan of Bay Area sports, Fleetwood Mac, and the amazingly perfect show Dollface.