This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UW Stout chapter.

If you’re a frequent flyer at Torrid, a plus size women’s clothing store, you have most likely gotten asked this question at the register: “Would you like to round up __ to the Torrid Foundation?” But it isn’t exclusive to only in-store customers – they offer the charitable round up online as well!

Now, people aren’t giving huge dollar amounts in store; it’s usually just how much cents until they make the total an even amount. Online, however, they aren’t rounding to an even dollar amount online. The lowest donation is $1.00, so it isn’t horrible. That and it is optional and not a pop-up that’s impossible to exit out of.

The question you’re probably asking yourself and the question I will answer: what exactly is the Torrid Foundation?

It’s Torrid’s way of giving back and also empowering women. The foundation was launched in 2017 as an extension of the Torrid brand to help spread awareness and continue to empower women. Torrid teams up with non-profit charities to help change women’s lives.

The foundation changes up non-profits every month or so. For the month of February, the Torrid Foundation is supporting the American Heart Association because it’s National Heart Month. All round-ups and donations will go to the AHA to help women suffering with cardiovascular diseases.

Employees at Torrid stores are also aware of where the round-up is going to. With that being said, customers can ask what the foundation is supporting and where their money is going. You might as well be aware to what cause you are supporting!

People also expect that they’ll be looked down at if they don’t round up their price since they’re being put on the spot. That’s not the case! Just because you don’t round your price up doesn’t make you a bad person. Sometimes, customers spend a lot on their shopping spree and they are already somewhat appalled at to what their total is. Rounding up isn’t an obligation and employees aren’t going to think of you any differently than when you started checking out.

The message that the Torrid Foundation and Torrid is giving with helping all women is absolutely amazing and it’s so empowering. And what is better than empowering our sisters everywhere while making them feel confident and beautiful?

I like cats, the Green Bay Packers, and One Direction. That's about it.
Her Campus at UW-Stout